Thursday, January 3, 2013

MOVIE REVIEW: Freedom Writers

Freedom Writers: 5/5
 
Here's what www.netflix.com says:
While her at-risk students are reading classics such as "The Diary of Anne Frank," a young teacher asks them to keep journals about their troubled lives -- hoping they can apply history's lessons to break the cycle of violence and despair.

My thoughts:
I just LOVED this movie!! I can't believe it took me 5 years to watch it!! I really enjoyed the diversity & all the real life issues some kids face in different areas of the United States. Gangs are real, poverty is real, the afflictions were real! Hilary Swank was amazing as the teacher, it makes you appreciate the real teachers out there who really go above & beyond for their kids to learn. A really wonderful teacher gets a second and third job to buy the supplies she needs to teach her kids. I am truly inspired by this movie!

No comments: