Saturday, November 20, 2010

Be more positive about you!!

Today I was asked to name 5 good things about me ~ can I even do that? I thought & thought but wasn't sure what to write! I even walked away for a bit & thought about what that meant! Do I even know 5 good things about me? Here's what I came up with:

1. I am a great mom, I do everything & anything for my children. I make sure they have what they need & some of what they want, even if that means I don't have what I need or want. I love them very much & want them to have the happiest childhood memories ever :)

2. I am a great wife. I love my husband very much & I appreciate him. If it wasn't for him, I would be lost in this crazy life I live. I not only do his laundry & clean the house, I surprise him with things he likes, plan fun things for us to do & my favorite is cuddling beside him.

3. I am a great daughter. My mom is all I have left & even though we have been through alot & I have not always been the best, I have learned from my mistakes & I now cherish that I still have my mom. She is like my best friend & I can always count on her & she can count on me. We spend alot of time together, running errands & shopping. I hope one day that I can be the mom & friend she is to me, to my own daughter.

4. I am a great aunt/sister. I am always there when I am needed. I help them out, I provide what thier own familys can not. I run myself a little ragged doing this, but without my nieces, nephews, brothers & sisters, I would not be the person I am today. (And I think they would be lost without me!!)

5. I am a great friend. I am the friend that is always there, who can be counted on for whatever it is that they need. Whether it be advice, a hot meal, a babysitter, anything they need, I am here. All hours of the day & night, whenever my phone goes off, here I am :)

Lastly, I am a Child of God. Someone who is often donating my time, my talents, whatever it is that God needs from me. I am a Sunday school teacher, I help with different youth programs. I have also taught my children to be as helpful & giving as I am.

I have also come to realize that even though I have many faults, I have much more positives :) I spent all my time sharing about the person I am to others, I didn't mention any of the other things I am. I am good with children, I am a positive person, very hard working, good at cleaning or organizing. I love to read, take photos, I am thoughtful & forgiving. I am the person I want to be. I am very blessed to have so many good things to share, how could I have ever questioned naming 5 positive things about me?

I am now going to challenge you: Can you say 5 positive things about you?

No comments: