Thursday, December 2, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: Why Did I Get Married?

Why Did I Get Married? ~ 4/5

Here's what www.netflix.com says:

Why Did I Get Married?
2007 PG-13 118 minutes
In this big-screen adaptation of Tyler Perry's stage hit, eight married college friends gather for a weeklong reunion in the snowy mountains of Colorado. But a startling revelation of infidelity sets off a chain reaction of soul searching. Perry, who also directs, stars alongside Malik Yoba, Sharon Leal, Michael Jai White, Denise Boutte, Lamman Rucker and pop songstresses Janet Jackson and Jill Scott.

My thoughts:

I really enjoyed this movie although my husband thought it was more of a soul searching, evaluate your life type movie. I felt that it threw comedy together with good friendship, lots of the every day problems we all face & the importance of working things out when we get in over our heads. To trust the person we wanted to spend the rest of our life with, to call a friend when you need advice or have a problem. When you get down to the bottom of the barrel & the final over the edge happens & it's over, you see how one person really benefitted from the break up when they wanted the relationship, while the other gets what they thought they wanted & they realize it isn't as good as what they already had. I can't wait to see part 2!!

No comments: