Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

July 4th ~ Most people have cook-out or picnics, set off fireworks, relax with family, listen to bands & watch parades. Most years, I have a family picnic either at my house or my mom's house, last year we had one at my mom's friend's home. Let off fireworks, ate good foods. This year tho, I got to experience being the traveler. Going to other peoples homes, homes you don't normally visit. First, our preachers had a cook-out after church. Delicious food, fellowship & cupcakes ~ perfect start to the day :)
Returned home to relax & I thought to wait for dusk to watch fireworks, nothing special, normal night plus fireworks. My mom sent a quick text seeing if I'd be home, my uncle rode her & I was asked to a cook-out at his house with my mom's other brother & sister. So, we loaded the kids up & headed there. Had a good time even though my uncle's son was there so he wasn't out for more than 10 minutes & my aunt was only out for a quick hello. It didn't bother me too much, I was always closer to the uncle I was there with anyway. After eating & a little visiting & playing with the kids, we loaded back up for the trip home. Went to fireworks with my best friend, her daughter & niece & my brother & his family. I don't understand why people are so rude ~ fireworks are for kids, so if you miss a little or have to move a bit for a kid to see, why are you so ignorant about it? Why be such a jerk?? And why feel you should threaten a pregnant woman who is very noticibly pregnant & also there with other children? Then, seeing my niece with irresponsible people who have already lost a 4 year old? Ugh!! Why can't we be rich to have good lawyers??? One day!!
Anyway, all in all my day was better than I thought it was going to be. I got food, fellowship, friends, family, fun & fireworks all in one day & it was great :)
So, for all of you who got to spend time with your familys & friends today, who got to worship the Lord & have alot of fun & make many memories, cherish it all :) In this day & age, you never know when it will be the last day of your life, your last breath, your last chance to do the things that memories are made of. So, instead of complaining that you are bored or tired, reenergize yourself with a fun family memory moment :) I made new ones today, I hope you did too :)
Leave me a message & share the memories you made with me :)

No comments: