Are you a Christian parent struggling with how to raise your children to be more Christ-like? The Christian Parenting Handbook provides real life help for everyday struggles. This book provides strategies for parents to deal with all stages of your child's life.
The chapter titled: Consistancy is Overrated, touched me right off the bat. As a mom who's also busy with church work, a full time job, only 1 day off a week, some days I can not stick to a schedule. If God threatened to throw me in the Lion's Den with Daniel or flood the Earth and I couldn't get on the Ark with Noah, I would still not be able to stick to a solid set of rules or a schedule. Mind you, we do have rules, we do have a schedule, however if we decide to break from eating at the table and eat pizza in front of the tv once in a while, it's okay. God's okay with it and we should be too. Too much schedule, too much consistancy can sometimes overwhelm us all.
Chapter 7, Envision a Poisitive Future, showed me that we must help our children see a brighter future. Praise them, share God with them, help them to be motivated and they can create their own positive future.
In Chapter 3, we learn about consequences. Sometimes a child doesn't know what to do, just because you've told them to do something, doesn't mean they know how to do it. Before punishing your child, think of the consequences. Take a moment to show them how to do it correctly. Chapter 27 talks about disciplining each child seperately, not all children as a group. Punishments do not always need to be the same. Punish them seperately, individually. What a different way to think about that!
Finally, in reading this book, I learned so many helpful, handy tips on how to parent my children. Making meal times into something more, creating better relationships, helping our children, not hindering them.
Mark your calanders:
These special days could be important for you & your family.
Join the fun of a Twitter Party!! Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 at 8pm, join the fun by following @biblicalparent and using #heartparenting ~ Come and try to earn some awesome prizes!!
If you're interested in purchasing your own copy of The Christian Parenting Handbook, between April 29 and May 5 you can get a package of free resources valued at more than $400.00. The 8 items contained in the Bonus Parenting Package.
Here’s what the package includes:
• The Christian Parenting Handbook electronic versions for iPad, Kindle, Nook or any mobile device ($29.97)
• Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes, in You and Your Kids Lesson #1 Complete Package including Lesson 1 on Video, MP3, Study Guide, and Children's Lesson. ($59.95)
• Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes, in You and Your Kids Lesson #2 Complete Package including Lesson 2 on Video, MP3, Study Guide, and Children's Lesson. ($59.95)
• Teach Kids to Listen and Follow Instructions on Video, Workbook, MP3, Study Guide, and Children's Lesson. ($59.95)
• Correction Ideas that Touch the Heart on Video, Workbook, MP3, Study Guide, and Children's Lesson. ($59.95)
• Addressing Bad Attitudes in Kids on Video, Workbook, MP3, Study Guide, and Children’s Lesson. ($59.95)
• Everyday Parents CAN Raise Extraordinary Kids Session #1 on Video, MP3, Study Guide, and Children's Lesson. ($59.95)
• How to Use The Christian Parenting Handbook 30-minute Video ($24.95)
In addition, you can get The Christian Parenting Handbook Companion Guide (This is a workbook with audio clips that will help you apply the material in The Christian Parenting Handbook.) for free if you purchase 5 copies or more of the book. Simply make your purchase from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, BAM (Books A Million), CBD or Parable.