Saturday, June 19, 2010

BOOK REVIEW: THE MEMORY OF WATER BY KAREN WHITE

THE MEMORY OF WATER BY KAREN WHITE

Great book, this was a swimming pool read for me, not because it was about water, but because I was looking for an interesting read while I hide from the sun at the pool. The book is about water, yet it's mainly about bipolar/manic depression. It shows how going back to where you begin can help heal old wounds & help you to grow stronger, how life's experiences & the cards you are dealt shape your life & create who you are. It's also a touching look at what you will do for "The person you love the most". For the characters in the book, it goes from them being sisters to the son/nephew they both love so much. I enjoyed this book, I would recommend it to anyone who has been through something tough or trying & are looking for the way to get past it. It's a look inside a taboo of family secrets, something most people can understand. What's your family secret? Who do you "love the most"? Reading this book made me think of what I would do for the ones I love the most & how everyone makes sacrifices some who sacrifice everything for the one they love most. RATING: 4/5

No comments: