Wednesday, May 16, 2012

MOVIE REVIEW: Captain America: The First Avenger

Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain America: The First Avenger ~ 5/5

Here's what http://www.netflix.com/ says:
2011 PG-13 125 minutes


In Marvel's superhero slugfest, Steve Rogers volunteers for a secret experiment during WWII after being deemed unfit for duty. Transformed into super solider Captain America, he takes on his Nazi-created counterpart, Red Skull, and the evil Hydra.

Here are my thoughts:
First off, we ended up watching this movie in two parts. It was over 2 hours long, we wanted the kids to watch it with us, especially my 11 year old, AND we didn't start it til 9:30.
My first thought before ever viewing the movie itself was that I wasn't going to like it. I am not a huge fan of Superheros, I haven't seen a Superhero movie since my son was 4 or 5.
After watching the first hour, I was intrigued. I wanted to see exactly what Captain America was doing. When he saved everyone from the camp he swooped into, I was proud of him!
Sitting down to watch the second half, I wa excited! Enjoyed this superhero movie!!


No comments: