Tuesday, April 10, 2012

MOVIE REVIEW: Our Idiot Brother

Our Idiot Brother

Our Idiot Brother ~ 5/5


Here's what www.netflix.com says:

2011 R 89 minutes

Ned (Paul Rudd) is a seemingly clueless idealist who must rely upon his three exasperated sisters (Emily Mortimer, Elizabeth Banks and Zooey Deschanel) for shelter and support after he's dumped by his fed-up girlfriend (Kathryn Hahn) and loses custody of his beloved dog, Willie Nelson. As he wreaks havoc on his sisters' lives, Ned's earnestness shines through until his siblings realize that family ties take priority over wealth and position.



My thoughts:


First off, Our family is similar to theirs, there are 3 sisters, but instead of just 1 idiot brother, we have 2. I made the mistake of watching this movie when the brother I am closest to, was convicted of two crimes & remanded to jail. He's facing a 2-15 sentence, not based on evidence, but based on the word of a 2 time felon who got a lighter sentence & charges dropped for his testimony.


The movie itself was wonderful, it had alot of laugh out loud moments combined with heartfelt loving moments between a sister & her brother. I really enjoyed how fun he was with his nephew, which is exactly how my brother is with my son. I loved that he always did things to help them, even if they didn't turn out right for him. Only difference between my brother & our idiot brother, my brother would have signed that paper faster than anything if we'd come to bail him out of jail!!

No comments: