Saturday, January 5, 2013

MOVIE REVIEW: The Ballad of Jack & Rose

The Ballad of Jack and Rose
1/5
 
Here's what www.netflix.com says:
 
2005 R 112 minutes
Writer-director Rebecca Miller elicits an astounding performance from husband Daniel Day-Lewis, who plays Jack, a father intent on raising his daughter (Camilla Belle) as an environmentally responsible adult. His complete devotion to the cause moves him to the remotest of islands, where he feels he'll be able to lead a more compassionate, "green" life. No matter how he tries, however, he can't seem to run from the demands of human interaction.
 
 
My thoughts:
 
I did not like this movie at all. First off, I thought the movie was about a couple, Jack & Rose. However, it's about a father, Jack & his daughter, Rose. It was really wierd & creepy for me. I didn't like the way it hinted at a sexual or creepy, odd emotional relationship. It was really too odd for me.

No comments: